PIB Analysis for UPSC CSE
- Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA)
- Service Voter
- Facts for Prelims
1 . Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA)
Context : President of India releases the India rankings – 2019 and the Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements
About Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements
- Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA) is an initiative of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Govt. of India to systematically rank all major higher educational institutions and universities in India on indicators related to “Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development” amongst students and faculties.
- ARIIA ranking will certainly inspire Indian institutions to reorient their mind-set and build ecosystems to encourage high quality research, innovation and entrepreneurship. More than quantity, ARIIA will focus on quality of innovations and will try to measure the real impact created by these innovations nationally and internationally. Moreover, ARIIA will set tone and direction for institutions for future development for making them globally competitive and in forefront of innovation .
Major Indicators for consideration
Assessment of innovation and startup ecosystem in HEIs will be based on Seven parameters with certain weightages allocated as below.
- Budget, Expenses to Support & Revenue Generated (20 Marks).
- Infrastructures & Facilities to Support Innovations and Start-ups (10 Marks).
- Awareness Activities for Promoting Idea Generation and Innovation (20 Marks).
- Promotion and Supporting Entrepreneurship Development (20 Marks).
- Intellectual Property (IP) Generation, Technology Transfer and Commercialization (14 Marks).
- Innovative Learning Methods & Courses (10 Marks).
- Innovations in Governance of the Institution (6 Marks).
2 . Service Voter
About Service Voters
- Service voter are those who have service qualification.
- They include member of Armed Forces of the Union of India, members of Armed Police forces of the States serving outside that state and persons employed under Government of India on posts outside India.
- As per existing arrangements, members of India Army, Navy and Air force, Boarder Road Organisation, BSF, ITBP, Assam Rifles, NSG, CRPF, CISF and SSB are eligible to be registered as service voters.
- A Service Voter can cast his/her vote by proxy also.
- They may appoint (By applying to returning officer in Form 13 F available at the website of ECI) any person as his/her proxy to cast vote on his/her behalf in his/her at the polling station. Proxy should be a registered voter of that constituency.
3 . Facts for Prelims
World Homeo Day
- April 10 is observed as World Homeopathy day
- The World Homoeopathy Day is observed to commemorate the birth anniversary of the founder of Homoeopathy, Dr. Christian Fredrich Samuel Hahnemann.