PIB ANALYSIS FOR UPSC CIVIL SERVICES EXAM 2018
- Guru Tegh Bahadur
1 . Quadricycles
- Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has notified the insertion of the item ‘Quadricycle’ as a ‘non transport’ vehicle under the Motor Vehicles Act 1988.
- A Quadricycle is a vehicle of the size of a 3-wheeler but with 4 tyres and fully covered like a car.
- It has an engine like that of a 3-wheeler. This makes it a cheap and safe mode of transport for last mile connectivity.
- Quadricycles were only allowed for transport usage under the Act, but now has been made usable for non transport also.
2 . Guru Tegh Bahadur
Important Points for Prelims
- He was ninth of ten gurus of the sikh religion
- Founded a new town called Anandpur Sahib
- Executed by Auragzeb