PIB ANALYSIS FOR UPSC CIVIL SERVICES EXAM
- Nuclear Triad
- Operation Greens
1 . Nuclear Triad
Prime Minister felicitates crew of INS Arihant on completion of Nuclear Triad
What is Nuclear Triad
- Nuclear triad is a three-pronged military force structure that consists of land-launched nuclear missiles, nuclear-missile-armed submarines and strategic aircraft with nuclear bombs and missiles
India’s nuclear triad
- Land-based ballistic missiles with nuclear capability – Agni and Prithvi series of missiles
- Air crafts with nuclear capability – Mirage, Mig, Rafale etc
- Nuclear Powered Submarine – INS Arihant
About INS Arihant
- INS Arihant, the indigenously-built nuclear-propelled submarine that completed its first deterrence patrol, is capable of firing ballistic missiles and can stay under water for months.
- The underwater warship is capable of carrying 12 K-15 submarine-launched ballistic missiles having a range of over 700 km.
- It can dive to 300 metres and is powered with a 83 MW nuclear power reactor.
- SSBNs are usually bigger in size and are powered by a nuclear reactor, as a result they can remain submerged for months without having to surface. This allows them to travel farther and with greater stealth.
2 . Operation Greens
Ministry of Food Processing Industries issues guidelines for OPERATION GREENS
About Operation Greens
- Operation Greens was announced in the Budget speech of 2018-19 with an outlay of Rs 500 crores to stabilize the supply of Tomato, Onion and Potato(TOP) crops and to ensure availability of TOP crops throughout the country round the year without price volatility.
Major objectives of “Operation Greens” are as under:
- Enhancing value realisation of TOP farmers by targeted interventions to strengthen TOP production clusters and their FPOs, and linking/connecting them with the market.
- Price stabilisation for producers and consumers by proper production planning in the TOP clusters and introduction of dual use varieties.
- Reduction in post-harvest losses by creation of farm gate infrastructure, development of suitable agro-logistics, creation of appropriate storage capacity linking consumption centres.
- Increase in food processing capacities and value addition in TOP value chain with firm linkages with production clusters.
- Setting up of a market intelligence network to collect and collate real time data on demand and supply and price of TOP crops.