PIB ANALYSIS FOR UPSC CIVIL SERVICES EXAM
- Pradhan Mantri Annadata Aay Sanrakshan Abhiyan (PM-AASHA)
- National Bamboo Mission
- Swadesh Darshan
- Toll operate Transfer, Duel Fuel usage
- India Water Impact Summit
1 . Pradhan Mantri Annadata Aay Sanrakshan Abhiyan (PM AASHA)
Pulses and Oilseeds amounting to Rs. 44,142 crore procured from farmers during 2014-15 to 2018-19
About Pradhan Mantri Annadata Aay Sanrakshan Abhiyan (PM-AASHA)
- Pradhan Mantri Annadata Aay Sanrakshan Abhiyan (PM-AASHA) is an Umbrella Scheme which provides for a holistic arrangement for assurance of a remunerative and stable price environment for growers /farmers to increase agriculture production and productivity.
- This Umbrella Scheme comprises Price Support Scheme (PSS) for pulses & oilseeds, Price Deficiency Payment Scheme (PDPS) & Pilot of Private Procurement & Stockist Scheme (PPSS) for oilseeds to ensure MSP to the farmers.
- In Price Support Scheme (PSS), physical procurement of pulses, oilseeds and Copra will be done by Central Nodal Agencies with proactive role of State governments. It is also decided that in addition to NAFED, Food Cooperation of India (FCI) will take up PSS operations in states /districts. The procurement expenditure and losses due to procurement will be borne by Central Government as per norms.
- Under Price Deficiency Payment Scheme this scheme (PDPS), it is proposed to cover all oilseeds for which MSP is notified. In this direct payment of the difference between the MSP and the selling/modal price will be made to pre-registered farmers selling his produce in the notified market yard through a transparent auction process.
- All payment will be done directly into registered bank account of the farmer. This scheme does not involve any physical procurement of crops as farmers are paid the difference between the MSP price and Sale/modal price on disposal in notified market. The support of central government for PDPS will be given as per norms.
2 . Restructured National Bamboo Mission
Northeast to focus on bamboo industry: Dr Jitendra Singh
- National Bamboo Mission (NBM) started as a Centrally Sponsored Scheme in 2006-07, was mainly emphasizing on propagation and cultivation of bamboo, with limited efforts on processing, product development and value addition.
- There, was weak linkage between the producers (farmers) and the industry.
- The restructured proposal gives simultaneous emphasis to propagation of quality plantations of bamboo, product development and value addition including primary processing and treatment; micro, small & medium enterprises as well as high value products; markets and skill development, thus addressing the complete value chain for growth of the bamboo sector.
- The scheme will benefit directly and indirectly the farmers as well as local artisans and associated personnels engaged in bamboo sector including associated industries. Since it is proposed to bring about one lakh ha area under plantation, it is expected that about one lakh farmers would be directly benefitted in terms of plantation.
States/ districts covered
- The Mission will focus on development of bamboo in limited States where it has social, commercial and economical advantage, particularly in the North Eastern region and States including Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh, Odisha, Karnataka, Uttarakhand, Bihar, Jharkhand, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Gujarat, Tamil Nadu and Kerala.
- The Mission is expected to establish about 4000 treatment/ product development units and bring more than 100000 ha area under plantation.
- Bamboo plantation will contribute to optimizing farm productivity and income thereby enhancing livelihood opportunities of small & marginal farmers including landless and women as well as provide quality material to industry.
- Thus, the Mission will not only serve as a potential instrument for enhancing income of farmers but also contributing towards climate resilience and environmental benefits. The Mission will also help in creating employment generation directly or indirectly in both skilled and unskilled segments.
The restructured NBM strives to –
(i) To increase the area under bamboo plantation in non forest Government and private lands to supplement farm income and contribute towards resilience to climate change.
(ii) To improve post-harvest management through establishment of innovative primary processing units, treatment and seasoning plants, primary treatment and seasoning plants, preservation technologies and market infrastructure.
(iii) To promote product development at micro, small and medium levels and feed bigger industry.
(iv) To rejuvenate the under developed bamboo industry in India.
(v) To promote skill development, capacity building, awareness generation for development of bamboo sector.
Implementation strategy and targets:
- The following steps would be adopted for the development of bamboo sector: The Mission will focus on development of bamboo in limited States where it has social, commercial and economical advantage with focus on genetically superior planting material of bamboo species of commercial and industrial demand.
- Adoption of end to end solution in bamboo sector i.e. complete value chain approach starting from bamboo growers to consumers would be emphasized.
- Mission has been developed as a platform for integration of Ministries/ Departments/Agencies with implementation responsibilities given based on their mandate.
- Capacity building of the officials, field functionaries, entrepreneurs and farmers through skill development and trainings will be emphasised.
- Focus will be given on Research & Development (R&D) to increase the production and productivity of bamboo.
3 . Swadesh Darshan
The first ever Swadesh Darshan Project in the state of Nagaland to be inaugurated tomorrow
About the Release
- The project “Development of Tribal Circuit: Peren-Kohima-Wokha” was sanctioned by the Ministry of Tourism in November 2015
- Under the project the Ministry has developed facilities like Tribal Tourist Village, Eco Log Huts, Open Air Theatre, Tribal Rejuvenation Centre, Cafeteria, Helipad, Tourist Interpretation Centre, Wayside Amenities, Last Mile Connectivity, Public Conveniences, Multipurpose Hall, Nature Trails, Trekking Routes etc.
About Swadesh Darshan Scheme
- Swadesh Darshan scheme is one among the flagship schemes of the Ministry of Tourism for development of thematic circuits in the country in a planned and prioritised manner.
- Under this scheme the Government is focussing on development of quality infrastructure in the country with objective of providing better experience and facilities to the visitors on one hand and on other hand fostering the economic growth.
4 . Toll Operate Transfer, Dual fuel usage
Ministry Road Transport & Highways notifies Dual- Fuel Usage for Agricultural and Construction Equipment Vehicles
19th December to be the last date of bidding for second bundle of Toll-Operate-Transfer project
Spread over Four states – Rajasthan, Gujarat, West Bengal and Bihar, the offer has 12 toll plazas across Four Highways
About the release regarding Duel Fuel Usage
- The Ministry of Road Transport & Highways has notified dual-fuel usage for agricultural and construction equipment vehicles.
- These include tractors, power tillers, construction equipment vehicles and combine harvesters which have originally been manufactured as dual- fuel with diesel as primary fuel and CNG, Bio CNG as secondary, or have been converted as such from in -use diesel vehicles.
- This move will give a boost to vehicles run on bio-fuel, and help in reducing both cost and pollution.
About Toll Operate Transfer
- Government of India has approved Toll Operate and Transfer (TOT) model under which the Public funded projects operational for two years shall be put to bid wherein the right of collection and appropriation of fee shall be assigned for a pre determined concession period (30 years) to Concessionaires (Developers/Investors) against upfront payment of a lump sum amount to NHAI.
- Operation and Maintenance (O&M) obligation of such projects shall be with the concessionaire till the completion of the concession period. Projects to be undertaken in the TOT model are to be treated as Public-private-partnership(PPP)projects.
5 . India Water Impact Summit
About India Water Impact Summit
- The India Water Impact Summit is an annual event where stakeholders get together to discuss, debate and develop model solutions for some of the biggest water related problems in the country.
- The discussions this year will be on rejuvenation of the Ganga River Basin. There will be multi-country dialogue on the subject, with showcasing of technological innovations, research, policy frameworks and funding models from India and abroad.
- A number of Indian Central Government Ministries as well as all key decision makers responsible for delivering the rejuvenation of the Ganga will also be present at the Summit.
- The efforts may take various forms including (but not limited to): data collection (sensors, LIDAR, modelling etc), hydrology, e-flows, agriculture, waste water and more.
- It is jointly organized by the National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) and the Centre for Ganga River Basin Management and Studies (cGanga)
- he Summit will focus on three key aspects:
- Spotlight on 5 states: Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal, Delhi and Bihar. The objective is to showcase the efforts and works going on within the respective states.
- Ganga Financing Forum: The 2018 Summit also introduces the inaugural Ganga Financing Forum that will bring a number of institutions to a common knowledge, information and partnership platform. The Hybrid Annuity Model has redefined the economic landscape of water and waste-water treatment in India. All tenders have been successfully bid out and financial closures being achieved. Additionally, the Government is also now encouraging development of smaller decentralised waste water treatment projects. The Financing Forum will bring together financial institutions and investors interested in Namami Gange programmes.
- Technology and Innovation: Implementation of the pilot/demonstration programme known as the Environment Technology Verification (ETV) process. This will provide an opportunity to technology and innovation companies from around the world to showcase their solutions for addressing the problems prevalent in the river basin.
1 thought on “PIB Analysis Date : 4/12/2018”
Wonderful, what a web site it is! This website provides valuable
information to us, keep it up.