PIB ANALYSIS FOR UPSC CIVIL SERVICES EXAM
- Disaster Management Award
- Second Delta Ranking of Aspirational Districts
1 . Disaster Management Award
Government of India invites nominations for Disaster Management Awards
Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar – an annual award in the field of Disaster Management
About the Award
- Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar is given for excellence in the field of disaster management.
- Need – It was felt that many organisations and individuals are working silently but persistently on mitigation and preparedness towards minimizing the impact of future disasters; and that there is a need to recognize their efforts towards alleviating human suffering caused by the disasters.
2 . Second Delta Ranking of Aspirational Districts
NITI Aayog to Release Second Delta Ranking under the Aspirational Districts Programme
About Second Delta Ranking
- The ranking will measure the incremental progress made by districts between June 1, 2018 and October 31, 2018.
- The districts have been ranked in a transparent basis on parameters across Health & Nutrition, Education, Agriculture & Water Resources, Financial Inclusion & Skill Development, and Basic Infrastructure through key performance indicators.
- The rankings are based on the data that is publicly available through the Champions of Change Dashboard, which includes data entered on a real-time basis at the district level.
- The rankings, for the first time, will also factor in inputs from household survey conducted by NITI Aayog’s knowledge partners, namely, TATA Trusts and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF).
- The first Delta ranking for the Aspirational Districts was released in June 2018.It ranked the Aspirational Districts on improved performance across five developmental areas of Health and Nutrition, Education, Agriculture and Water Resources, Financial Inclusion and Skill Development, and Basic Infrastructure, over the months of April and May 2018, on the basis of self-reported data.
About Aspirational District Programme
- It aims to rapidly transform the districts that have shown relatively lesser progress in key social areas and have emerged as pockets of under-development, thereby posing a challenge to ensure balanced regional development.