PIB ANALYSIS FOR UPSC CSE
- Philip Kotler Presidential Award
- Voter Awareness Forum
- Global Housing Technology Challenge
- Development of Spiritual circuit
- National Institute of Public Cooperation and Child Development (NIPCCD)
- Clean Ganga Fund
1 . Philip Kotler Presidential Award
First-ever Philip Kotler Presidential award presented to PM
Philip Kotler Presidential Award
- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi received the first-ever Philip Kotler Presidential award
- The Award focuses on the triple bottom-line of People, Profit and Planet. It will be offered annually to the leader of a Nation.
- Prof. Philip Kotler is a world renowned Professor of Marketing at Northwestern University, Kellogg School of Management.
2. Voter Awareness forum
Voter Awareness Forums for promoting awareness on electoral process
What is Voters Awareness Forums
- Voter Awareness Forums are informal Forums for generating awareness around electoral process through activities like discussions, quizzes, competitions and other engaging activities.
- All employees of the Organisation are expected to become members of the VAF with the Head of the Organisation acting as Chair of VAF.
- Voter Awareness Forums will be set up in Ministries, Government Departments, Non-Government Departments and other Institutions to promote electoral awareness.
- VAF is part of the Electoral Literacy Club programme of ECI.
What is Electoral Literacy Club Programme
- ELC programme envisages setting up of Electoral Literacy Club in every educational institution and Chunav Pathshala at every booth to cover those outside the formal education system.
- Around 2.11 Lakh ELCs have already been established across the country in the first year of the launch of the programme.
- The ELCs and Chunav Pathshala activities are conducted by the Convener using a resource Guide where step by step instructions are given for conducting each activity. Separate Resource books have been developed for Class IX, X, XI and XII. A calendar of activities in a year has also be indicated. Total of 6-8 activities, with specific learning outcome, running into approximately 4 hours in all, have been identified for each class.
3 . Womaniya
Womaniya on Government e Marketplace
What is Womaniya
- Government e Marketplace [GeM] has launched “Womaniya on GeM”, an initiative to enable women entrepreneurs and women self-help groups [WSHGs] to sell handicrafts and handloom, accessories, jute and coir products, home décor and office furnishings, directly to various Government ministries, departments and institutions.
- The initiative seeks to develop women entrepreneurship on the margins of society to achieve gender-inclusive economic growth.
- Womaniya on GeM will spur hyper-local economic opportunities for women entrepreneurs and address goals and objectives under United Nations Sustainable Development Goal 5: Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls.
About Government e Marketplace
- Government e Marketplace is a 100 percent government owned company setup under the aegis of Ministry of Commerce and Industry for procurement of common use goods and services by Government ministries, departments and CPSEs.
- GeM was setup in 2016 and has 731,431 product categories, with 180,862 registered sellers and 32,114 government buyers. Since inception, GeM has processed 1,171,761 orders worth Rs. 16,976 crores in gross merchandise value.
4 . Global Housing Technology Challenge
Hardeep Puri calls for Paradigm Shift in technology Transition for Innovative Construction Technologies–launches Global Housing Technology Challenge-India
- GHTC- India intends to get best globally available innovative construction technologies through a challenge process.
- It seeks to demonstrate and deliver ready to live-in houses in a shorter time, with lower cost and quality construction in a sustainable manner.
- It also seeks to promote future technologies, to foster an environment of research and development in the country.
5 . Development of Spiritual circuit
Prime Minister to inaugurate the project “Development of Spiritual Circuit: Sree Padmanabha Swamy Temple-Aranmula-Sabarimala” in Kerala tomorrow
About the Project
- The project ‘Development of Spiritual Circuit: Sree Padmanabhaswamy Temple-Aranmula-Sabarimala’ was sanctioned by the Ministry of Tourism in 2016-17
- The Sree Padmanabaswamy Temple is one of the 108 divyadesams of Lord Vishnu. The temple witnesses huge footfall throughout the year.
- It is developed under Swadesh Darshan Scheme
- Swadesh Darshan scheme is one of the flagship schemes of Ministry of tourism for development of thematic circuits in the country in a planned and prioritised manner. Under this scheme the Government is focussing on development of quality infrastructure in the country with objective of providing better experience and facilities to the visitors on one hand and on other hand fostering the economic growth
6 . National Institute of Public Cooperation and Child Development (NIPCCD)
Smt Maneka Sanjay Gandhi inaugurates Regional Centre of National Institute of Public Cooperation and Child Development (NIPCCD) at Mohali
- NIPCCD is a premier organisation devoted to promotion of voluntary action, research, training, and documentation in the overall domain of women and children development.NIPCCD already has four such Regional Centres one each at Bangalore, Guwahati, Indore and Lucknow besides the Headquarters at New Delhi.
7 . Clean Ganga Fund
NMCG Officials and Partners Come Together to Contribute to Clean Ganga Fund
About Clean Ganga Fund
- The Clean Ganga Fund was established as a Trust under the Indian Trusts Act, duly approved by the Union Cabinet and with the Union Finance Minister heading the Board.
- Domestic donors to the CGF are eligible for 100% income tax exemption under Section 80 G (1) (i) of the Income Tax Act 1961. Contributions to CGF also fall within the purview of CSR activity as defined in Schedule VII to the Companies Act, 2013.
Features of the Fund
- CGF will have the objective of contributing to the national effort of improving the cleanliness of the river Ganga with the contributions received from the residents of the country, NRIs/ PIO and others.
- CGF will be operated through a bank account by a Trust.
- Domestic donors to the fund shall be eligible for tax benefits as in the case of “Swachch Bharat Kosh”. Foreign donors could get suitable tax exemptions in domestic law, wherever permissible.
- CGF will explore the possibility of setting up daughter funds in other jurisdictions/countries of high donor interest such as USA, UK, Singapore, UAE, etc. to enable tax benefits to donors in their respective jurisdictions.
- CGF will be catalytic in nature and will identify and fund specific projects which could be pilot projects, R&D projects, innovative projects or other focused projects. The Fund will define specific and measurable objectives to form the basis for planning, funding, and evaluation.
The following broad activities will be financed from the Fund:
- Activities outlined under the ‘Namami Gange’ programme for cleaning of river Ganga.
- Control of non-point pollution from agricultural runoff, human defecation, cattle wallowing, etc.
- Setting up of waste treatment and disposal plants along the river around the cities.
- Conservation of the biotic diversity of the river.
- Community based activities to reduce polluting human interface with the river.
- Development of public amenities including activities such as Ghat redevelopment.
- Research and Development and innovative projects.
- Research and Development projects and innovative projects for new technology and processes for cleaning the river.
- Independent oversight through intensive monitoring and real time reporting.
- Any other activity as approved by the Trust.