PIB Analysis for UPSC CSE
- Project Bal Basera
- 1st conference of Military Medicine for SCO Member
1 . Project Bal Basera
About Project Bal Basera
- With the support of CPWD, a Crèche (Bal Basera) is inaugurated at AIIMS Rishikesh, a project for the welfare of Children of Construction Workers deployed at the site
- Bal Basera shall accommodate about 35 Children and shall be run by the CPWD OWA. AIIMS Rishikesh Project is being executed by CPWD.
2 . 1st conference of Military Medicine for SCO Member
Conference of Militaty Medicine for SCO Members
- The first conference of Military Medicine for Shanghai Co-operation Organisation (SCO) Member States will be held here on 12 – 13 September, 2019.
- The conference will be the first Military co-operation event hosted by India,under the SCO Defence Co-operation Plan 2019-2020, after it became a SCO Member State in 2017.
- The conference will be conducted by the Indian Armed Forces under the aegis of Headquarters Integrated Defence Staff (HQ IDS), with the aim to share best practices in the field of military medicine, build capacities and overcome common challenges.During the conference, the Indian Armed Forces will also demonstrate the Rapid Action Medical Team and organise a visit for the delegates to the Army Research and Referral Hospital.
- Deliberations will take place between military medicine experts of SCO Member States on rendering of combat medical support,humanitarian assistance during disasters and measures to improve patient safety.
- Dialogue Partners Nepal and Sri Lanka will also be sending their delegations to participate in the Conference.