PIB Analysis for UPSC CSE
- Agri Market Infrastructure Fund
- Paramanu tech 2019
- Rashtriya Kamdhenu Aayog
- Darwaza Band Part 2
- Abolition of Income tax ombudsman
- National Police Mission
- Cinematograph Amendment Bill
1 . Agri Market Infrastructure Fund
Context : The Cabinet Committee of Economic Affairs Chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi today gave its approval for the creation of a corpus of Rs. 2000 crore for Agri-Market Infrastructure Fund (AMIF) to be created with NABARD for development and up-gradation of agricultural marketing infrastructure in Gramin Agricultural Markets and Regulated Wholesale Markets
About the Release
- AMIF will provide the State/UT Governments subsidized loan for their proposal for developing marketing infrastructure in 585 Agriculture Produce Market Committees (APMCs) and 10,000 Grameen Agricultural Markets (GrAMs).
- States may also access AMIF for innovative integrated market infrastructure projects including Hub and Spoke mode and in Public Private Partnership mode. In these GrAMs, physical and basic infrastructure will be strengthened using MGNREGA and other Government Schemes.
2 . Parmanu tech 2019
About Parmanu Tech 2019
- It is organised by the Ministry of External Affairs and Department of Atomic Energy (DAE),
- The conference discussed issues related to Nuclear Energy and Radiation Technologies.
3 . Rashtriya Kamdhenu Aayog
Context : The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the proposal for establishment of Rashtriya Kamdhenu Aayog for Conservation protection and development of cows and their progeny.
- The setting up of Rashtriya Kamdhenu Aayog will lead to conservation, protection and development of cattle population in the country including development and conservation of indigenous breeds.
- It will result in increased growth of livestock sector which is more inclusive, benefitting women, and small and marginal farmers.
- The Rashtriya Kamdhenu Aayog will work in collaboration with Veterinary, Animal Sciences or Agriculture University or departments or organizations of the Central/State Government engaged in the task of research in the field of breeding and rearing of cow, organic manure, biogas etc.
- The creation of Rashtriya Kamdhenu Aayog for the conservation, protection and development of cows and their progeny will provide the policy framework and direction to the cow conservation and development programmes in the country and for ensuring proper implementation of laws with respect to the welfare of cows.
4 . Darwaza Band Part 2
Context : The Swachh Bharat Mission Grameen launched the ‘Darwaza Band -Part 2’ campaign which focuses on sustaining the open defecation free status of villages across the country.
About the Campaign
- The campaign is done by the Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation
- The ‘Darwaza Band- Part 2’ campaign has been supported by the World Bank and is being rolled out countrywide immediately after the launch
- The primary focus of the programme is on behaviour change and promoting sustainable usage of toilets, at both community and village levels.
- The Darwaza Band- Part 2 focuses on ensuring that people’s behavior is changed for good and everyone always uses a toilet.
- Three “Darwaza Band Part 2” films were launched by Shri Bachchan. These will be aired across various television channels over the next few weeks in various regional languages.
- There will also be radio jingles, outdoor publicity and digital campaigns aired under the campaign.
5 . Abolition of Income tax ombudsman
Context : The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved the proposal for Abolition of Institution of Income-Tax Ombudsman and Indirect Tax Ombudsman.
About Income Tax Ombudsman and reasons for its abolition
- The Institution of Income-Tax Ombudsman was created in the year 2003 to deal with grievances of public related to settlement of complaints relating to Income Tax.
- However, the Institution of Ombudsman failed to achieve its objectives. It was observed that institution of new complaints have in turn fallen to single digits.
- Also, tax payers started preferring alternate methods of grievance redressal like CPGRAMS (Centralized Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System), AaykarSevaKendras etc. further, it was also decided in 2011 to close vacant offices of Indirect Tax Ombudsman.
6 . National Police Mission
About National Police Mission (NPM)
- NPM has been working for empowering the Police Forces by enhancing the skills and competence at grass root level, promoting a culture of excellence and accountability of police, meeting challenges such as asymmetric warfare, new trends in urban and social unrest, bring out specialisation in areas like counter-terrorism and insurgency, focusing on the strengthening of metropolitan and rural policing, bring in attitudinal changes in police, gender sensitisation and harnessing technology in aid of policing and adopting community policing etc.
- To achieve the mandate of NPM, eight micro missions are working under Bureau of Police Research and Development(BPR&D)
- BPR&D organizes Conference on National Police Mission annually.
7. Cinematograph Amendment Bill
About the Amendment
- The Bill aims to tackle Films piracy by including the penal provisions for unauthorized camcording and duplication of films.