PIB Analysis for UPSC CSE
- National Gopal Ratna Award
- World Water Week
- Tripartite MoU signed for swift development of modern Multi Modal Logistics Park (MMLP) under Bharatmala Pariyojna.
- Comprehensive Medical Package to transgenders
1 . National Gopal Ratna Award
PIB Release – https://pib.gov.in/PressReleasePage.aspx?PRID=1854108
Context: Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying under the Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying invites applications for National Gopal Ratna Awards during 2022, online through the National Award portal.
National Gopal Ratna Award:
- It is one of the highest National Awards in the field of livestock and dairy sector.
- Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying under the Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying confers these awards.
- With an objective to encourage the Milk producing farmer, individuals working in this sector, and Dairy cooperative societies who provide market access to the milk producers, this department has continued to confer National Gopal Ratna Award during 2022 in the following categories:
- Best Dairy Farmer Rearing Indigenous Cattle/buffalo Breeds,
- Best Artificial Insemination Technician (AIT) and
- Best Dairy Cooperative/ Milk Producer Company/ Dairy Farmer Producer Organization).
2 . World Water Week Stockholm
PIB Release – https://pib.gov.in/PressReleasePage.aspx?PRID=1854218
Context: National Mission for Clean Ganga organized a virtual session on the first day of the Stockholm World Water Week 2022.
World Water Week:
- World Water Week is the leading conference on global water issues, held every year since 1991.
- The Week attracts a diverse mix of participants from many professional backgrounds and every corner of the world to develop solutions to the planet’s greatest water-related challenges, such as poverty, the climate crisis, and biodiversity loss.
Stockholm World Water Week 2022:
- World Water Week 2022 takes place from 23 August to 1 September. For the first time, it is organised in both online and in Stockholm, Sweden.
- This year World Water Week offers some 300 sessions on a broad range of water-related topics, from food security and health to agriculture, technology, biodiversity, and the climate crisis.
- The 2022 theme: Within the overall theme of “Seeing the unseen: The value of water”, the sessions will be grouped under three theme headings:
- The value of water for people and development
- The financial and economic value of water
- The value of water for nature and climate
- The world’s most prestigious water award, the Stockholm Water Prize, is also presented during the Week on 31 August.
3 . Multi modal Logistics Park
PIB Release – https://pib.gov.in/PressReleasePage.aspx?PRID=1854113
Context: A tripartite MoU signed for swift development of modern Multi Modal Logistics Park (MMLP) under Bharatmala Pariyojna.
- The tripartite agreement was signed by National Highways Logistics Management Limited (NHLML), Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI) and Rail Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL).
- MMLP will be a freight handling facility with rail and road accessibility, comprising of container terminals, cargo terminals (bulk, break-bulk), warehouses, cold storage, facilities for mechanised material handling and value-added services such as customs clearance with bonded storage yards, quarantine zones, testing facilities and warehousing management services etc. along with other associated facilities.
- Developed under a ‘Hub & Spoke’ model, the MMLP will integrate multiple modes of freight transport through highways, railways & inland waterways. The agreement underlines the cooperation & collaboration model between the three bodies in order to achieve efficiency in logistics movement within the country.
- The MMLP project is poised to develop state-of-the-art large scale warehousing facility for different types of commodities, to become one stop solution for all services related to cargo movement like warehousing, custom clearance, parking, maintenance of trucks etc.
- The MMLPs will focus on a technology driven implementation for a state-of-the-art freight management system. Many value added services like packaging, repackaging and labelling will be available in these projects.
- The NHLML is a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) of National Highway Authority (NHAI) of Ministry of Road Transport & Highways while IWAI is a statutory authority under Ministry of Ports, Shipping & Waterways. The RVNL is a wholly owned Public Sector Enterprise under Ministry of Railways. The signatories of the agreement were Prakash Gaur, Chief Executive Officer (CEO), NHLML; Ravi Kant, Chief Engineer & Project Manager for IWAI and Vikas Awasthi, Executive Director (Planning), RVNL.
4 . Comprehensive package to Transgender
Context: Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment had signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with National Health Authority for providing a Comprehensive Medical Package to Transgender Persons under Ayushman Bharat-PMJAY.
Comprehensive Medical Package to Transgender Persons:
- Under this medical health package, a special “Ayushman Bharat TG Plus” card is being provided for the transgender society by linking the SMILE scheme with the “Ayushman Bharat Scheme” of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, under which more than 50 health facilities are being provided. Benefits will be given free of cost.
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment will fund Rs.5 lakh insurance cover per transgender beneficiary per annum. A comprehensive package master is being prepared for transgender category including the existing AB PM-JAY packages and specific packages (Sex Reassignment Surgery (SRS) and treatment) for transgenders.
- Going a step further for the Transgender society, provision has been made for cosmetic surgery under Ayushman Bharat TG Plus card. India will be the first country in the world to provide free of cost facilities like cosmetic surgery to the transgender community under a government scheme.
- A person belonging to a transgender society from any state, any part of India will be able to take advantage of this card in any hospital affiliated with Ayushman Bharat.