PIB Analysis for UPSC CSE
- INS Vikramaditya
- Facts for Prelims – Employment Outlook Report
1 . INS Vikramaditya
About INS Vikramaditya
- INS Vikramaditya is the Indian Navy’s largest short take-off, but assisted recovery (STOBAR) aircraft carrier and warship converted from the Russian Navy’s decommissioned Admiral Gorshkov vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) missile cruiser carrier.
- INS Vikramaditya was commissioned into service in November 2013. The warship has been extensively refurbished with new propulsion systems, hull sections, sensors and flight deck. It was operationally deployed with full complement of MiG-29 aircraft in May 2014.
- The vessel can carry more than 30 long-range multi-role fighters with anti-ship missiles, air-to-air missiles, guided bombs and rockets.
- The aircraft aboard the carrier include MiG 29K / Sea Harrier combat aircraft, Kamov 31 radar picket Airborne Early Warning (AEW) helicopter, Kamov 28 naval helicopter, Sea King helicopter, ALH-Dhruv, and Chetak helicopter
2 . Facts for Prelims
Employment Outlook Report
- It is released by Central Statistics Organisation
- The Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation brought out the first release of employment related statistics in the formal sector in April 2018, covering the period September 2017 to February 2018, using information on the number of subscribers who have availed benefits under three major schemes — EPFO, ESIC and NPS.