PIB Analysis for UPSC CSE
- Langkawi International Maritime Aero Expo (LIMA) 2019
- Facts for Prelims
1 . Langkawi International Maritime Aero Expo (LIMA) 2019
Context : Indian Air Force to participate in Langkawi International Maritime Aero Expo (LIMA) 2019
- Langkawi International Maritime Aero Expo (LIMA-2019) is planned in Langkawi, Malaysia from 26 March 2019 to 30 March 2019.
- Indian Air Force is participating in the Maritime Aero Expo for the first time, during which it will showcase its indigenously developed LCA fighter aircraft.
- Participation of IAF in LIMA-2019 will provide an opportunity to air-warriors to interact with their Royal Malaysian Air Force (RMAF) counterparts and foster close relationship between the two services.
- This will serve as a foundation for any future interaction with the Malaysian Air Force. It will also provide an opportunity to RMAF to assess the capabilities of LCA.
2 . Facts for Prelims
- Cyclone ‘IDAI’ hit the coast of Mozambique on 15 Mar 19 causing large scale destruction and loss of lives – :
- India’s three naval ships have reached Port Beira of Mozambique, which has been ravaged by Cyclone Idai, and have delivered the first batch of Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) stores including food, medicines and clothing to the Maputo’s defence authorities.
- India has become the first international responder to the Cyclone Idai in Mozambique, in which at least 1.5 million people have been affected by torrential rains and winds that reached the speed of up to 200 kilometres.