PIB Analysis for UPSC CSE
- Azad Hind Government
- Bridgital Nation
1 . DANX -19
About DANX 19
- Andaman and Nicobar Command (ANC) has conducted the second edition of Defence of Andaman & Nicobar Islands 2019 (DANX-19), a large scale joint services exercise
- Components of the Indian Army, Navy, Air Force and Coast Guard carried out mobilisation and field manoeuvres to validate defensive plans of Headquarters ANC towards pursuance of the Command’s responsibility, namely ensuring territorial integrity of the A&N Islands.
- In addition to internal forces from ANC, accretional forces from Mainland comprising ships and aircraft, Special Forces from the newly formed Armed Forces Special Operations Division (AFSOD), also participated in this edition.
2 . Azad Hind Government
Context : The 76th anniversary of the formation of the Azad Hind Government will be celebrated on 21st October, 2019, at the Red Fort, Delhi.
About Azad Hind Government
- The Azad Hind Government, founded on 21st October, 1943 was inspired by Neta ji Subhash Chandra Bose who was the leader of Azad Hind Government and also the Head of State of this Provisional Indian Government-in-exile.
- It was a part of the freedom movement, originating in 1940s outside India with a purpose of allying with Axis powers to free India from British rule.
- The existence of the Azad Hind Government gave a greater legitimacy to the independence struggle against the British.
- It had its own army, radio and postal system, bank and currency. Apart from Netaji, Captain Laxmi and others had taken oath as Ministers.
- Pertinently, the role of Azad Hind Fauj or the Indian National Army (INA) had been crucial in bequeathing a much needed impetus to India’s struggle for Independence
3 . Facts for Prelims
- The book presents a powerful vision of the future where technology and human beings co-exist in a mutually beneficial ecosystem.
- It argues that instead of accepting technology as replacement of human labour, India can use it as an aid to generate more jobs.
- The cutting edge digital tools can act as a bridge between aspirations and achievements – hence the term ‘bridgital’.
- The book has been written by Shri N Chandrasekaran and Ms. Roopa Purushottam.