PIB ANALYSIS FOR UPSC CIVIL SERVICES EXAM
- Dera Baba Nanak – Kartarpur Sahib Corridor
- International Film Festival of India
- World Boxing Championship
1 . Dera Bana Nanak – Kartarpur Sahib Corridor
Vice President Shri M Venkaiah Naidu will lay the foundation stone for the construction of Dera Baba Nanak – Kartarpur Sahib Corridor on the 26th of November, 2018
About the Corridor
- Guru Nanak Dev ji had assembled the Sikh community at Kartarpur and lived there for 18 years till 1539. The Gurudwara Darbar Sahib is built where Guru Nanak Dev Ji took his last breath.
- To mark Guru Nanak Dev Ji’s 550th birth anniversary in 2019, the Government of India decided on 22nd Nov 2018 to build the Kartarpur road Corridor upto the international border between India and Pakistan as an integrated development project.
- The Corridor will let Sikh pilgrims visit the iconic Gurudwara Darbar Sahib at Kartarpur on the banks of river Ravi in Pakistan.
How the corridor will be built
- India and Pakistan had announced on 15th Nov 2018 that they will build Corridors on their respective sides to let Sikh pilgrims visit the holy shrine without visa and to help them walk across and come back without having to secure a visa.
- The Indian side of Corridor starts from Dera Baba Nanak in Gurdaspur district and extends upto International border between India and Pakistan.
- The project corridor is to be developed by National Highways Authority of India and will be funded by Government of India.
- The project corridor is 4 lane with service road and all other appropriate amenities for pilgrims intending to visit Gurudwara Darbar Sahib, Kartarpur in Pakistan.
- This corridor will be a historical landmark between India and Pakistan and will also boost tourism as more pilgrims would visit the holy shrine throughout the year between two countries
2 . International Film Festival
About International Film Festival
- The International Film Festival of India (IFFI) is reckoned as one of Asia’s oldest and India’s biggest film festival.
- Since its inception in 1952, IFFI has aimed to nurture and inspire Indian cinema and introduce it to the world outside as well as the many audiences that coexist in this vast and diverse country.
- The glorious state of Goa has hosted this esteemed festival since 2004, through the Entertainment Society of Goa (ESG), the nodal agency appointed by the Government.
- Although the festival itself is organized by the Directorate of Film Festivals, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting and the Government of India, it is done in collaboration with the State Government of Goa and the Indian Film Industry. IFFI is also recognized by the International Federation of Film Producer’s Association (FIAPP).
- IFFI helps in contributing to the understanding and appreciation of film cultures of different nations through the diversity displayed within its film selection.
3 . World Boxing Championship
PM congratulates Mary Kom on winning Gold in Women’s World Boxing Championships
- Mary Kom won Gold Medal in 48 KG category in Women’s World Boxing Championship held in New Delhi
- It is the sixth gold for her in the World Boxing Championship, previous golds won in the year 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2010, 2018.